Boldyrev Denis Vyacheslavovich, Applicant, sub-department of Russian history, local history and methodology of teaching history, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The adoption of the judicial reform of 1864 was the cementing basis of the formation and development of civil society in Russia, the main factor in ensuring the interaction of personality and power. The government established mechanisms not only to protect the interests of the population, such as the legal profession or the jury, but also the tools for recruitment of persons to responsibility for enforcement. For such purposes, introduced a special position of the bailiff, whose goal was the enforcement of judgments, whose activities were mainly aimed at recovery of debts. Insufficient study of this question makes it relevant for retrospective analysis and study of the experience of recovery across the country. The aim of this work is the study of the structural aspects and analysis of the debt collection process as a basic element of the mechanism of forced execution of court decisions.
Materials and methods. The basis of the study lay unpublished little-studied documents of the Russian state historical archive, State archive of the Penza region, the State archive of the Saratov region (the materials of the enforcement proceedings, documents of the office of bailiffs, correspondence with the police and local authorities), periodicals. Methodological potential of the work are the method of historicism, which allows us to study the given problem and the context of a specific period of time, the dialectical method has contributed to the consideration of the goals on materials of the Penza province, defining the specifics of the foreclosure process and its elements.
Results. Practice studied and controversial aspects of the collection in the Penza province in the postreform period. Analyzed the logic of the mechanism of foreclosure on the example of the activity of bailiffs.
Conclusions. The study of the process of recovery allows us to conclude that it was not clearly defined, which was reflected in the lack of a clear practical activities directly bailiff. The indirect participation of other persons the state authorities in enforcement proceedings deprived this mechanism of autonomy and its own logic of development, which in turn undermined the authority of a bailiff. Practice in debt recovery has been mixed, as the key driving force of this process was side execution and the degree of their interest in the implementation and the seizure of property, which allows us to infer the variability of the foreclosure process that prevented its unification on the territory of Russia.
the bailiff, the collection process, subpoena, litigants, arrest of property, the public auction for property sale, commercial sheet
1. Gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Penzenskoy oblasti (GAPO) [State Archive of Penza region (GAPO)]. F. 23. Op. 3. D. 3. L. 23.
2. GAPO. F. 42. Op. 3.
3. Sudebnye ustavy 20 noyabrya 1864 goda [Court statutes of the 20th of November 1864]. Saint-Petersburg, 1867, p. 335.
4. Gosudarstvennyy arkhiv Saratovskoy oblasti [State Archive of Saratov Region]. F. 7. Op. 3. D. 45. L. 65.
5. GAPO. F. 42. Op. 6.
6. Osobyy nakaz Penzenskogo okruzhnogo suda [Special ordinance of Penza district court]. Penza, 1874, p. 30.
7. Penzenskie gubernskie vedomosti [Penza provincial bulletin]. 1874, 13 Apr.
8. Saratovskie vedomosti [Saratov bulletin]. 1874, 20 Apr.
9. Simbirskie gubernskie vedomosti [Simbirsk provincial bulletin]. 1874, 27 Apr.
10. Penzenskie gubernskie vedomosti [Penza provincial bulletin]. 1890, 24 Apr.
11. Penzenskie gubernskie vedomosti [Penza provincial bulletin]. 1906, 26 Apr.
12. Penzenskie gubernskie vedomosti [Penza provincial bulletin]. 1913, 12 Jun.
13. Osobyy nakaz Penzenskogo okruzhnogo suda [Special ordinance of Penza district court]. Penza, 1909, p. 67.